Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Stuck.

I haven't written, because I'm not sure what to say.

The clinic won't do it. They won't let us take my friend's other-worldly offer to carry our baby.

I can't get into the particulars -- this is a real person who has been through enough scrutiny and discussion around her reproductive system. We knew all along that she wasn't the "ideal" candidate on paper that you'd get by going through an agency. She was ideal in every other way -- every way that matters in someone you're considering putting your embryo in -- but something in her pregnancy past gave the doctors pause. And ultimately, after a lengthy review, the risks spooked the docs too much to give us the green light.

What can I say about another heartbreak? About all this torture with nothing to show? About having to say no to someone offering to make you a baby when you can't do it yourself? About the fact that we're left with four frozen embryos, and all I can think about is the fact that one of them might look like his brother H -- but we'll probably never know?

I get up every day and give it my all. I haven't missed a beat with work. I laugh and eat and read and exercise and even enjoy myself a lot of the time. My life is good. But someone is missing.


5 comments:

Turia said...

I am so sorry. That is just a terrible decision. I hurt for you.
xoxo

Caroline said...

I'm shaking an angry fist at the universe right now. I'm so sorry. I wish it wasn't this way. What a kind friend of yours.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry. This is so deeply unfair.

Brianna said...

I'm sorry doesn't even come close to expressing how awful this is.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.

 
design by suckmylolly.com