Monday, June 14, 2010

My New Commute Is a Walk Down the Hall

When you feel – right down to your fingernails and pinky toes – that you've never been more content than you are on this new little planet with your new, amazing baby (and still amazing husband) and also know for sure that the day job you just returned to is not making you anywhere near as happy (and, indeed, that you would rather work nights at Starbucks than be there, away from your baby), the thing that you do is, you quit.

So I did.

And now, just like that, I'm an at-home mom and freelance writer. Welcome to my new adventures in diaper management, spitup catching and a long list of one-handed feats. Hang onto your hats.

4 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

There aren't words to describe how jealous I am!! Sounds wonderful!!

Love the new site; the header is great.

Paula Keller said...

Awesome! It's so good to hear that you are happy and things are going well!

missing_one said...

Whoa! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for quitting your job! I can't wait to hear how things have been going for you. He has teeth already?!

 
design by suckmylolly.com