Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One of Those Days in Babyville

Has anyone else noticed that when it comes to being a new parent, some days you feel like a genius who totally has this thing DOWN, and some days you feel like you know nothing at all?

Yeah, today is one of the I-kn0w-nothing kind of days. It's kicking my butt. I still don't have H on any kind of schedule, and what's worse is that I have absolutely no clue how to get to one. He does nap once in the morning and once in the afternoon, but they're at wildly varying times and have no consistent pattern in terms of length. He's been fussy for most of the day and I'm not really at all clear on why.

Also, the spitup? The spitup that no one warns you about before the baby is born but the constant cleanup of which basically rules your life for the first few months? It's back. With a vengeance. I'm wearing eau de Good Start formula today, and it's not a scent you'll find at Neiman Marcus. We need more burp cloths -- we never have enough burp cloths.

So yeah, the boy is giving me a run for my money today. I feel like I've mastered nothing lo these four months and it's a little discouraging.

Anyone else having one of those days?

2 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

oh yeah. we just had one of those nights last night...
hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I had one of those days yesterday. I got barely 3 hours of sleep, her naps were so short that I didn't even manage a quick shower, let alone get ANYTHING on my list done. We had two MAJOR diaper blowouts (as a result of starting solids) that took out both outfits and the car seat cover and required TWO baths in a 3 hour period.

Today was better. I got a shower, I did some laundry and I vacuumed and picked up the crap all over the living room. The only reason I vacuumed and picked up was because my MIL was coming over though. I couldn't put it off any longer.

We are still not on a regular schedule. Birdie takes a morning and an afternoon nap, but there is no consistent pattern yet. If you learn any tricks, please share them with me!

I'm glad you are back!

 
design by suckmylolly.com