Thursday, November 13, 2014

They Sure Make It Hard to Move On

If you ever think that I just let myself wallow, please know that I try very hard, every day, to enjoy all the things in my life that I know make me a lucky girl. And I do.

But as a wise man once said, there's always something there to remind me.

Was just shopping online for ribbon to trim a Christmas wreath with, and was feeling rather lighthearted about it. And then the Pottery Barn Baby crib set I had been pondering when my baby died popped up for whatever illogical reason (thanks a lot universe and also stupid stupid google programmers), and now I'm going to have a glass of wine.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

God bless wine.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I so remember this time last year, when ads for maternity clothes kept popping up...
I don't think anyone who has been in a situation like this would think you let yourself wallow. And anyone who hasn't should be glad about it. Hope the wine was good.

Holly said...

I never, ever think you are wallowing. This is your place to tell it like it is. It sucks to lose a baby and the aftermath is intense, hard, up and down, random, and real <3

Turia said...

I feel like my blog is my safe place where I can say all the things I don't necessarily feel I can say in my 'real' life. So I would never assume you were wallowing. This is not something you are just going to 'get over' one day.

Wine is good. I remember formula companies sent me newborn formula right around the time we lost our baby and it gutted me (even as I was super angry they'd got me on a mailing list from somewhere).

 
design by suckmylolly.com